Welcome to Piwik Developer Zone
Trac is the place to follow along with the development of Piwik. Piwik is the leading open web analytics software platform that aims to be an alternative to Google analytics.
How to submit a bug report? Read recommendations on writing a good bug report. If you are looking to submit a bug report, please register or login and head on over.
The Analytics API lets you access all reports data, in any format, and also manage websites, users, segments, custom reports and much more.
The Tracking API lets you track users and interactions (visits, pages, downloads, events, ecommerce, custom user data, etc.).
Leverage the Analytics platform
- Piwik 2.0 default theme named 'Morpheus' is a clear flat design theme that helps you focus on your data insights.
If you are an artist you may be interested to Create a new Theme using CSS and Less.
- Plugins can implement small new tricks, or big new features. Plugins can add a new data visualization, define new widgets, advanced data tracking, new reporting, improve dashboards, and much more.
- Publish on the Marketplace your plugin or theme to share it with the worldwide community of Piwik users.
We hope there will be many 'third party plugins' available on the Marketplace - we'd love to hear from you with any question or suggestion.
The Piwik User Documentation is hosted on the main website piwik.org:
The Piwik Marketplace is the heart of innovation in the world of open analytics. The Marketplace is built around Piwik 2.0, the open analytics platform trusted by more than 1 million websites worldwide.
Using the Marketplace Piwik users can browse and install new plugins and themes to enhance or modify Piwik.
- Plugins extend your platform and can help you track additional data, get new reports, integrate with external data sources and much more. Browse plugins.
- Themes let you customize the look and feel of dashboards and reports. Browse themes.
Piwik Roadmap: our mission is to liberate web analytics worldwide, and help you grow your project with better data insights. For the detailed list of tickets we have planned, see our Roadmap in Trac.
- Forums: Come and meet our community in the forums, ask questions, help others, learn about Analytics
- IRC: Speak to us in IRC: irc.freenode.net/#piwik (webchat)
Git repository access
You can browse the Git repository online.
If you're a developer, you can use the latest cutting edge revision from the Git repository with:
git clone https://github.com/piwik/piwik.git
Note: the Git Repo may be unstable at times (even though we try our best to keep it stable). For production use, you should download the latest official version.
We welcome code contributions to Piwik via Pull Requests: Contribute with Git.