Hitting the refresh button should refresh the exact same page
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||Piwik 0.9 - Surviving The Wild|
Description (last modified by matt)
This problem comes from the fact that we use ajax to load every content in piwik, so the URL remains the same all the time.
To fix this we can use the # in the URL, the same way Gmail does.
- at least following variables should be persisted in V1: day/period/idSite/module/action
- how to implement it? I would suggest the Facebook way (ie. the query after the #, eg. #module=Referers&action=getSearchEngines&idSite=1 etc.)
- see http://dev.piwik.org/trac/wiki/HowToTestUI which lists all UI features; good place to start to get a feeling of what is necessary to persist
Currently changing the date in the calendar also changes the currently viewed section (reset to Dashboard).
Instead we should reload the same category.
See Jquery History
jQuery history plugin: It uses the hash (fragment)
method that was mentioned earlier in this thread. You essentially need to be able to store some text that encapsulates the current page state so that it can be recreated by the browser on reload; no information beyond that in the URL is maintained in any reliable way. This particular plugin also has the effect of making the "back" and "forward" buttons undo and redo page state changes, which you may or may not want.
Change History (20)
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Future features to DigitalVibes
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from DigitalVibes to Surviving The Wild
Changed 5 years ago by kpham
comment:12 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed