|Reported by:||vipsoft||Owned by:||vipsoft|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||1.4 - Piwik 1.4|
Description (last modified by vipsoft)
This is a follow-up ticket to #1110.
To support IPv6 addresses will require data conversion in the database:
- IPv6 address are 128-bit. IP addresses are stored in the MySQL tables as 8-byte (64-bit) BIGINT UNSIGNED, or 4-byte (32-bit) INT UNSIGNED (as of r2237).
In php.net/ip2long, there's an implementation of ip2long6 and long2ip6 that relies on the GNU MP (Multi-Precision) extension ('gmp'). But for greater cross-platform support, we might also consider comparable implementations using the BC Math ('bcmath') extension.
Above uses inet_ntop and inet_pton to aid in conversion to/from user readable and internal representation (in_addr). (Note: Windows support added in php 5.3.)
- Exclude visits from IP (added in Piwik 0.6)
- on Windows XP + IIS7, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] for "localhost" uses the deprecated form, "::1"
- IP-to-country database/API support for ipv6
Change History (34)
Changed 4 years ago by veretcle
comment:15 Changed 3 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Milestone changed from Features requests 1.x or 2.x to 1.2 - Piwik 1.2
comment:23 Changed 3 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Milestone changed from 1.2 Piwik 1.2 to 1.3 - Piwik 1.3
Changed 3 years ago by veretcle
comment:27 Changed 3 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed