Piwik as a self serve hosted web analytics solution
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Component:||New Plugin||Keywords:||self, hosted, hosted, register, registration, service, third-party-plugin|
Description (last modified by matt)
Is is a very common feature request that users want to have their Piwik as a self serve tool where new users can register themselves and existing users can add new websites.
This ticket is a placeholder to gather requirements on such a feature. We don't plan to implement this in Piwik 1.0 but there might be enough interested users & developers to get this feature built and integrated in core.
List of features:
- Below the login screen, a new link to "Register".
- The Register screen would contain the standard field (login, password, email, name) using the login screen html/css styles. During registration, a user would also setup their first website (website name, URL).
- A user creating a website would be "admin" for this website. He can create other users and give them access to the stats.
- New setting: Allow users to register themselves and create websites Y/N
- New setting: Allow existing users to create new websites Y/N
- We need to ensure that users providing a self hosted Piwik do not use the Piwik and rebrand their offering.
- if one was to bill for the service, how would this be handled?
- if a large website comes in and adds the Piwik tag, this would severely impact/break other websites' performance. How is this handled? Some sort of security in the tracker is necessary to block all new writes from a website that is using too much resource.
Please post your thoughts and new requirements in a comment to this ticket. Also if you are interested to build this feature, post a comment.
Want this feature implemented and released in Piwik?
Contact a Piwik consultant today! http://piwik.org/consulting/
Change History (48)
comment:36 Changed 18 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Feature requests to Third Party Piwik Plugins
comment:45 Changed 4 weeks ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to answered
- Status changed from new to closed