Move some useful settings from file to DB and editable via UI
|Reported by:||vipsoft||Owned by:||matt|
|Component:||UI - UX (tpl, js, css)||Keywords:|
Description (last modified by matt)
Piwik should have a UI for superusers to override global.ini.php and/or change config.ini.php settings. Manually editing these files is out of character given Piwik's installation UI and Flash-y dashboard.
A list of such useful settings that could be made available via UI is:
- default day when loading Piwik (today VS yesterday)
- default period (day vs week vs ...)
- always redirect to login screen, even if some websites are available to the anonymous user?
- enable browser archiving trigger?
Change History (13)
comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from Admin - Config Settings UI to Move some useful settings from file to DB and editable via UI
comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Features requests - after Piwik 1.0 to 5 - Piwik 1.0 - Stable release
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 5 - Piwik 1.0 - Stable release to 1 - Piwik 0.6
- Owner set to matt
- Priority changed from major to critical
comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed