Faq: How do I "uninstall" piwik?
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||low||Milestone:||1.7 Piwik 1.7|
Users have reported issues where they couldn't delete some of the Piwik files (especially /tmp/*) as they are owned by the webserver.
We should provide a one button option to uninstall Piwik that would
- backup the Piwik files in a zip
- propose to the user to download the zip
- once the user downloaded the backup or not, he validates to delete all Piwik files
The uninstall will not delete data in the Database. It can easily be removed manually, or another Piwik created in another database.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2 - Piwik 0.8 - A Web Analytics platform to Features requests - after Piwik 1.0
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Feature requests to 1.x - Piwik 1.x
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Component changed from Core to Documentation
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.6.x Piwik 1.6.x
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Summary changed from Provide an "uninstall" piwik to Faq: How do I "uninstall" piwik?
- Type changed from New feature to Task