Plugin API for Scheduled Tasks
|Reported by:||vipsoft||Owned by:||JulienM|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Piwik 0.8 - A Web Analytics platform|
Description (last modified by matt)
Use one crontab entry to trigger Piwik archiving, daily report generation, bots, etc.
- exposes a new hook for other plugins to register and run some scheduled processing when called
- either provides a helper function for other plugins to know if they should run, passing a crontab-like schedule, e.g., isItTimeToRun('* * * * *'); or adds a method to Piwik_Plugin that returns a crontab-like schedule, e.g, getSchedule() that can be evaluated
Updates the UI Settings 'general settings'
- Reports on automatic maintenance is working or not
- cron not detected in the last 24 hours but tracker maintenance triggered
- cron is detected every 10s-1h?
- Maintenance is not executed. Check that Piwik is tracking visitors.
This plugin is not #817.
Change History (23)
comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from Launcher - standard hook for launching multiple cron-based scripts to Add hook to launch multiple cron-based scripts (plugin define cheduled tasks)
comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Summary changed from Add hook to launch multiple cron-based scripts (plugin define cheduled tasks) to Add hook to launch multiple cron-based scripts (plugin-defined scheduled tasks)
comment:16 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from Add hook to launch multiple cron-based scripts (plugin-defined scheduled tasks) to Plugin API for Scheduled Tasks
comment:17 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed