Document plugin getInformation() and the version number policy
|Reported by:||hebbet||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by vipsoft)
Most of the core plugins are using Piwik_Version::VERSION for their version number, but not so for the example plugins.
The version number policy is:
- core plugins (distributed in the Piwik release, with the exception of examples) use Piwik_Version::VERSION, so that they always reflect/match the base version
- example plugins use a hard-coded version number as an example for 3rd party developers (e.g., '0.1')
- 3rd party plugins use a hard-coded version number that must be incremented with each plugin release
A policy for transitioning 3rd party plugins to core will be formalized after #1116.
Change History (3)
Changed 4 years ago by hebbet
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Component changed from Core to Documentation
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Plugin Version numbers to Document plugin getInformation() and the version number policy