Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#1437 closed Bug (fixed)

Fatal Error in archiver with Turkish locale

Reported by: jnmbk Owned by: vipsoft
Priority: major Milestone: Piwik 0.6.3
Component: Core Keywords:
Cc: Sensitive: no

Description

Hi,
I'm using Piwik on a system with tr_TR.UTF-8 locale and this error shows up when running archiver:

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_Db_Adapter_MysqlI' not found in /my_path_to_piwik/piwik/core/Db/Adapter.php on line 41

And that line is:
return 'Piwik_Db_Adapter_' . str_replace(' ', '_', ucwords(str_replace('_', ' ', strtolower($adapterName))));

Problem is strtolower doesn't lower MysqlI properly, it should lower to "mysqli" but in Turkish locale lower letter for "I" is "ı" so that makes "mysqlı". I think you should use a locale independent (or working only in latin1 locale) strtolower here, but I don't know what is the proper way to do that in php.

I run archiver with LC_ALL=C for a workaround and it works fine that way.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)

  • Milestone set to 0 - Piwik 0.6.3
  • Owner set to vipsoft

Interesting.

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)

interesting indeed.. If strtolower fails, other logic/algorithm will fail too.
For example if we add a 'renderer' with a 'i' letter in the name, the factory will fail.

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)

Ok, I was able to reproduce after I ran locale-gen (and logged out and back in).

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

(In [2327]) quick fixes #1437 - setlocale(LC_CTYPE, ) so strtolower(), strtoupper(), ucfirst(), and ucwords() aren't affected by locale

In the future, we might consider implementing a thread-safe alternative to using setlocale() given this warning:

The locale information is maintained per process, not per thread. If you are running PHP on a multithreaded server API like IIS or Apache on Windows, you may experience sudden changes in locale settings while a script is running, though the script itself never called setlocale(). This happens due to other scripts running in different threads of the same process at the same time, changing the process-wide locale using setlocale().

Reference: http://php.net/setlocale

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.