Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#1540 closed Bug (fixed)

archive.sh memory issue with yearly reports, works when archiving months separately

Reported by: gereon_s Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone: Piwik 0.9 - Surviving The Wild
Component: Core Keywords:
Cc: Sensitive: no

Description

line 75 in archive.sh (from piwik 0.8) reads

for period in day week year; do

but probably should read

for period in day week month year; do

Attachments (2)

archive.sh.output-month (7.0 KB) - added by gereon_s 4 years ago.
archive.sh output with month added
archive.sh.output-nomonth (5.4 KB) - added by gereon_s 4 years ago.
archive.sh output without month (from distribution .zip)

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

year processes months

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by gereon_s

well, in my case, it didn't.

first of all, before i added "month" to the for loop, my monthy reports would run into a "maximum memory size exceeded" error, after adding it and running archive.sh again this error disappeared.

secondly, attached are two outputs of archive.sh, one with "month" added an one without, there is a significant difference in the two outputs.

Changed 4 years ago by gereon_s

archive.sh output with month added

Changed 4 years ago by gereon_s

archive.sh output without month (from distribution .zip)

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)

  • Milestone set to 3 - Piwik 0.9 - Surviving The Wild
  • Resolution invalid deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

interesting that it helped to run monthly archives first. It actually makes sense. However, I confirm that in a normal use case this is not necessary.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

(In [2837]) Fixes #1540
Thanks for the tip gereon_s

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)

  • Summary changed from archive.sh does not prepare monthly reports to archive.sh memory issue with yearly reports, works when archiving months separately
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.