Organize and display Websites by Group in 'All websites' dashboard (and in 'Manage Websites')
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||2.x - Piwik 2.x|
|Component:||UI - UX (tpl, js, css)||Keywords:|
Description (last modified by matt)
For users tracking 10, 20 or more websites, often websites belong to groups (for example "Intranet", "Blogs" or "Ecommerce sites"), groups can be the type of the website, a given project which contains several websites, or an agency would want to organize websites by customer.
In the API, it is already possible to assign a 'group' to a website. However this functionnality is not available in the User Interface yet. The Piwik UI should allow to create groups, assign sites to groups, and show aggregate stats for each group.
- In the 'All Websites' dashboard, the Super User could see an aggregate number of visits/pages for the group. Websites would appear below their group row.
- the Websites edit table will have a new column when Super User only, displaying the group the website belongs to.
- the website selector would also show the website groups, if possible somehow?
- search would also search for groups
- When group is matching for a website, display it in the search result along with the group name to show the group matched the search.
- Sites belonging to a matched group should show as a nested list under the group name. If a site & its group both match the search, there should NOT be a duplicate result.
- would be nice to only have this feature for "advanced" users (especially users with 5+ websites or so?), therefore maybe a new setting would be required to enable this, for example in "General Settings > Enable Websites Groups
- when there are 5+ websites in Piwik, in "All websites" write in grey below the table "You can assign websites to Groups. Enable the feature here". or better msg?
Change History (16)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Feature requests to 1.x - Piwik 1.x
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:4 Changed 20 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:13 Changed 12 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Display website Group in "All websites" and in Manage Websites to Organize and display Websites by Group in 'All websites' dashboard (and in 'Manage Websites')