Campaign tracking parameters should be also detected in the URL hash tag (fragment)
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||1.7 Piwik 1.7|
The goal is to verify/ensure that using hash tags for campaigns parameters is allowed in Piwik.
Sometimes, it is a bit of a problem to link to example.org/?pk_campaign=test
Because search bots will follow these links, if posted on public places, and risk to index the URL with the parameter which will dilute SEO efforts.
Instead, the hashtag would make things better since it doesn't create a separate URL in the engine index.
- Check that campaigns are detected/parsed from hashtag
- remove hash tag values before recording URL
- maybe update the campaign generator to generate campaign tags in hashtag
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.7 Piwik 1.7
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.8 Piwik 1.8 to 1.7 Piwik 1.7
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed