Custom variables not always set in the conversion when using tracking API
|Reported by:||gordo||Owned by:|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||1.12.x - Piwik 1.12.x|
|Component:||Core||Keywords:||ecommerce, browser, goal, tracking, database|
Description (last modified by matt)
I checked the database and have confirmed that custom vars are not being set in the log_conversion table but are being set in log_visit.
I have tried using both visit and page scoped vars as well...
My code goes something like this:
$piwikTracker->setCustomVariable($id = 1, $name = "Browser Version", $value = $this->agent->browser().' '.$this->agent->version(), $scope = 'visit');
Maybe there's a better way to track goal conversion rates by browser version?
Google Analytics does this, so I assumed Piwik would, but I'm not finding any way to do this and found this issue w/ custom vars. We'd like to use custom vars to segment our split-test variations as well, and if they aren't tracking conversions at all then Piwik is useless for us.
This is a fresh install of 1.5.1, not an upgrade, so I'm at a loss here as to why it's not working. We get a boatload of traffic, so I'm using a cron to do the archiving. The only thing I've changed was added memory_limit 4G to the PHP commands in the cron script.
Change History (13)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone set to 1.6 Piwik 1.6
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.7 Piwik 1.7 to 1.6 Piwik 1.6
comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.6 Piwik 1.6 to 1.7 Piwik 1.7
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:11 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed
comment:12 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from Custom Var / Browser Goal Tracking (Ecommerce) 1.5.1 to Custom variables not always set in the conversion when using tracking API