Graphs should support Unicode characters & other improvements
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||JulienM|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||1.12.x - Piwik 1.12.x|
Description (last modified by JulienM)
Here is the current list of requests to improve ImageGraph plugin (#1721)
Fatter line on graphs
Maybe add 2 pixels to make it more visible in all devices?
Graph line has too many vertical lines in the background
The standard piwik displays the grey vertical line in the background every 5 label. see screenshot.
Also, the horizontal grey line in this screenshot is too thick, can we make it slightly smaller (1 pixel?)?
Show more labels on X Axis
- Example with 2 vertical bars 148.png, only one label is shown. When there are only 2 elements to plot we should display both labels on X Axis. Then it would stop the legend text after half of the axis. Important in case for example the Keyword for the first plot has a very long string, should not overlap but cut.
- Also when there are 5 values, only the first is displayed in Screenshot_150. However on screenshot 151 all labels are displayed, which then looks amazing!! In the algorithm that decides how often you plot, could you also truncate the text after 15 characters for example, then we can safely plot one label every two plots.
What are your thoughts guys?
Support for all fonts (chinese, arabic, japanese, etc.)
I thought we could use the PDF fonts, but they are in a raw format (see http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/libs/tcpdf/fonts)
however the graph library pcharts is using GD freetype imagettf functions which require a .ttf file (currently tahoma.ttf at http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/libs/pChart.1.27d/Fonts
Is there a way we can reuse the tcpdf fonts on the graphs, to automatically handle all languages?
Or should we bundle extra .ttf to support all existing languages (potentially adding a lot of bytes to the Piwik download since these fonts are heavy...)
Would anyone know how to solve this problem? :)
Change History (42)
comment:12 Changed 2 years ago by JulienM (JulienMoumne)
- Owner set to JulienM
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:25 Changed 2 years ago by JulienM (JulienMoumne)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:28 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Priority changed from normal to major
- Summary changed from ImageGraph list of improvements to Graphs should support Unicode characters & other improvements
comment:30 Changed 20 months ago by JulienM (JulienMoumne)
- Description modified (diff)
- Priority changed from major to normal
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:31 Changed 20 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed