Tracker cache files should expire to pick up recent changes
|Reported by:||vipsoft||Owned by:||mattab|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||1.x - Piwik 1.x|
Description (last modified by matt)
Currently, tracker cache files in /tmp/cache/tracker/ are never deleted. This file stores Goals definitions, website URLs, etc. The problem is that, when goal change, the tracker cache files are deleted on the server on which the Piwik UI is running.
But the tracker cache files will not be deleted from the tracking servers if they are different servers.
I see 2 solutions to this:
- Update the Piwik load balancing FAQ and explain that the tmp/ folder must be cleared in a cron file every hour or so
- Update tracker cache file to add a expiry for example every 1 hour the cache files could be rebuilt from the DB. This means that any change to Goals and Websites would take up to 1 hour to be reflected upon tracking.
Alternatively, but more complicated, we could prepare a memory / memcache layer, but this would be more complicated to setup and maintain.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Feature requests to 1.x - Piwik 1.x
- Summary changed from Piwik_CacheFile - add MEMORY-based table implementation to Tracker cache files should expire to pick up recent changes
- Type changed from New feature to Bug
comment:2 Changed 14 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Owner set to mattab
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed