New reports: Browser and Operating system market shares
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Component:||UI - UX (tpl, js, css)||Keywords:|
Description (last modified by matt)
Currently Piwik reports
- Browser family, Gecko VS Webkit VS IE vs Opera: useful for web developers since the engine impact the way pages are rendered
- Browser versions: FF 8, IE 7, etc. Useful to know exactly what browsers are used
It would be nice to also provide Browser marketshare: FF Vs IE Vs Opera Vs Chrome Vs Safari Vs others.
- This would be useful to answer the general geek question "Who is winning?"
- It might be a bit too much to yet another report about browsers in Visitors > Settings report already a bit crowded.
- Maybe The User Interface could be a button to access the other report, in a footer message for example "Switch to Browser Marketshare report" / "Switch to Browser versions report"
- The report would be aggregated from the Browser versions datatable and in fact will be a "View" of this other report. It will not require a new archiving process. The API will call std API and extract browser name and re-aggregates.
This would be IMO a very useful new Piwik report and would not clutter the UI.
This ticket also includes similar work for Operating System Marketshare
- By default, show Windows XP VS Mac OS X VS Windows 7 VS Android
- An icon or link allows to display Windows VS Mac VS Linux
- the new API is simply a view aggregating the existing API
- there can be new integration tests for the 2 new API functions
Change History (16)
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from New report: Browser market share to New reports: Browser and Operating system market shares
Changed 2 years ago by macitbetter
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.8 Piwik 1.8
comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from 1.8 Piwik 1.8 to 1.7.x - Piwik 1.7.2