Huge DB Disk space savings! Database purge should trigger on all archive_* tables at least once a day
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||1.8.3 - Piwik 1.8.3|
Description (last modified by matt)
The purge old temporary archives is probably not run on every table once in a while. Some tables are huge, wasting a lot of valuable mysql DB space (especially for shared hosts where this is a real problem).
- From looking at "Database Usage" I see that this table is much bigger than others that are only 65M.
piwik_archive_blob_2011_10 4.6 M 1.4 Gb 144.9 Mb 1.6 Gb
But there are others: The one for Jan 2012 seems a bit big too, maybe temporary yearly reports not purged? Same for Jan 2011, 3-4 times bigger normal table, and for Jan-Feb 2008.
- It also appears that the archive_numeric are not purged neither. These are huge it hurts. Why would August 2008 numeric table for the demo has 119,800 records?
We should check WHY this data is not purged yet. This will free a lot of space and will make everyone very happy!
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 22 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Database purge should trigger on all archive_* tables at least once a month to Database purge should trigger on all archive_* tables at least once a day
comment:3 Changed 21 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.8.x - Piwik 1.8.x to 1.8.3 - Piwik 1.8.3
comment:6 Changed 19 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed