New feature: "Display Trends and Analytics summary" (in all reports)
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||2.x - The Great Piwik 2.x Backlog|
|Component:||UI - UX (AngularJS, twig, less)||Keywords:|
Description (last modified by matt)
The goal is to propose a new view into for existing reports in Piwik, mining the underlying data in relevant ways to give the user a summary of what has changed in the data, what is working out well, and what is getting better.
Content of the new report
The new UI would display a few new reports to give insights about what is worth keeping on an eye on:
- Best new [Websites] in the selected period
- Best new [Websites] in last 3 periods
- NB: new website are websites that have traffic in the period and was not used in the previous 3 periods before this one
- Fastest growing [websites] contributing to overall traffic
- NB: these are the websites that are not new, but are now contributing more than before, and have significant % visits
- NB: The % treshold could maybe be modified with a simple controller -- and recorded/restored
- Table display: Each table for these reports would display between 0 and 6 rows by default,
- the view would be filtered to only show the statistically significant changes that are worth looking into
- Later in V2, allow user to modify the % threshold used to define "significant" changes. Record as setting and restore.
- Metric used: The algorithm would be based on Visits metric by default for most reports. For the tables in the "Goals" report, the algorithm would use the number of conversions as metric.
- when there is no visit to compare against (new website), be clever and select the most oldest data available and show trends on what's there only (or show a message "No trends yet" or similar when not enough data).
- the new Analytics view would be available on most reports in Piwik: Keywords, Websites, Page URLs, Page Titles, Browsers, Countries, etc.
displays when a new icon is clicked. Icon would be a light bulb for example "Trends" below all reports
- or displayed by default in some reports, for example on the right space currently empty in most report, next to the: Keywords report, Websites, Campaigns, Page titles, etc.
There would be a metric selector at the bottom of these reports, to choose the metric (Visits VS Conversions VS Ecommerce Orders VS Revenue etc.)
- The Trends reports could also be added to PDF/HTML reports
- For tables with subtables, eg. Custom Variables, Campaigns/Keywords, we could look at all subtables as well, to hilight the significant increases or new values (based on number of visits)
- intelligent alerts, split in tasks types: Feeling imaginative? Read the keywords. Feeling like seeing Happy Summary? Feeling worried? Critical summary highlighting bad points / big changes.
Please answer these questions:
- When you use Piwik, what are the regular things you are looking for?
- List the reports or mental checks you do
- Can these be automated in Piwik somehow?
Change History (11)
comment:2 Changed 21 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.9 Piwik 1.9
comment:3 Changed 16 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from New for each report: Display Trends and Analytics summary to New feature: "Display Trends and Analytics summary" (in all reports)
comment:5 Changed 13 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.12.x - Piwik 1.12.x to 2.x - Piwik 2.x
- Priority changed from major to critical
comment:6 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.x - Piwik 2.x to 2.1 - Piwik 2.1
comment:7 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.1 - Piwik 2.1 to 2.0.4 - Piwik 2.0.4
comment:9 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.1 - Piwik 2.1 to 2.2 - Piwik 2.2
comment:10 Changed 5 weeks ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.2 - Piwik 2.2 to 2.1.1 - Piwik 2.1.1