Simple RSS feed tracking: Open Source Feedburner
|Reported by:||wasted||Owned by:|
|Component:||Plugins Wishlist||Keywords:||rss feedburner tracking "open source feedburner outofscope|
Description (last modified by matt)
Piwik could integrate an "open source feedburner" that would be a proxy between the original feed URL and the visitor. This proxy could then track data about visitors, what articles are clicked on, etc.
Building such a set of features is not easy, as the code has to deal with lots of edge cases in feed parsing (lots of rss/atom feeds are missing fields, incorrectly formatted, etc.).
- At first provide only the number of subscribers, by parsing the http fields which contain the count of subscribers for each caller
- Later in V2, enhance the code to also parse the feeds and track clicks on links.
Change History (8)
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Keywords outofscope added; feedburner" removed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Sensitive unset
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened