Allow to "switch off the lights" to have a UI preference to show less colored pixels to focus on data
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Component:||UI - UX (tpl, js, css)||Keywords:|
The Piwik dashboard is very useful and practical, but it can be a daunting for a first time user.
One aspect I think is that there are too many pixels on the dashboard, too many blocks and lines to process.
I think a simple but cool feature could be:
- Add a light bulb icon, in opacity 0.5 for example, next to "About Piwik box"
- When clicking on this icon, we change a few CSS style to remove
- Widget top bar grey background
- add opacity 0.5 on datatable footer icons
- remove widget 1px border
- These changes help user focus on the actual data.
See screenshot for example on how it looks like. There could be more changes I'm sure.
- When the dashboard is light off, the icon is different
- Can be switched back on.
But maybe even better... Could we simplify the Piwik design in all cases (and not make it an option) ?
What do you think of the attached file?
Change History (12)
comment:4 Changed 21 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.9 Piwik 1.9
comment:6 Changed 19 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.9 Piwik 1.9 to 1.8.x - Piwik 1.8.x
comment:7 Changed 12 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.12.x - Piwik 1.12.x to 2.x - Piwik 2.x
comment:9 Changed 7 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.x - Piwik 2.x to Future releases