Make "All Websites Dashboard" usable with 20,000+ websites
|Reported by:||capedfuzz||Owned by:||capedfuzz|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||2.x - The Great Piwik 2.x Backlog|
Currently the All Websites dashboard will work well when there are hundreds or even thousands of websites, but after a point it becomes unusable. It should, however, be able to scale to any number of websites.
There are currently many barriers to scaling this area, including:
- Lack of server-side pagination means all site data must be queried at once.
- The design of the Array Archive types will result in unnecessary object creation (in this case several objects per website).
- There's no way to archive metrics for all websites, so summary & evolution data has to be calculated when queried.
These issues will be addressed in this ticket.
Change History (12)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone set to 1.8 Piwik 1.8
- Priority changed from normal to major
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.9 Piwik 1.9 to 1.8.x - Piwik 1.8.x
comment:7 Changed 14 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.12.x - Piwik 1.12.x to 2.x - Piwik 2.x
comment:10 Changed 10 months ago by capedfuzz (diosmosis)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed