Row Evolution: usability improvements, UX
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||2.x - The Great Piwik 2.x Backlog|
Description (last modified by matt)
This ticket is a follow up of #534 - the first version of Row evolution is part of Piwik 1.8.
There are items which I believe will make the feature easier to discover, easier to use, harder to misuse! here they are:
- within the popover, text "Metrics for Page URL: photos.php" could show yellow logo + link to the page URL in a new tab. Similarly Referers Websites will link to the actual page URL.
- On the Evolution Graph, clicking on a different date should reload the same report (Row evolution popover closed) for the clicked date
- When the popover finishes loading, the browser should scroll smoothly to the top of popover, the same way we scroll when sub datatables are loaded.
Multi Row Evolution UX
Multi Row Evolution is an awesome feature but currently hard to discover, so here are UX suggestions:
- When user presses the SHIFT key, other "Row Evolution" icons should be displayed, from the rows in the current mouse-focused data table. These icons would be clearly clickable. On releasing SHIFT, icons are hidden again.
- When a row is "Multi-clicked" the icon stays visible/"enabled" for this row even if SHIFT is released.
- Maybe update row evolution icon tooltip, append " (tip: press Shift to compare multiple rows)"
- The Multi row evolution report is opened when user clicks on any "enabled" row evolution icon
- if user "enables" 2 rows, then hovers on a new one and clicks on it, the Multi row evolution should open and compare these 3 rows together. So that comparing 3 rows takes only Shift+3 clicks. Nice!
In the multi row evolution report:
- when selecting another metric, do not hide the current report. display "Loading data..." at the bottom and replace the current report when new one is loaded.
If you have any suggestion or find any bug with Row Evolution please report here!
- #3883 Row Evolution support for Goals and Ecommerce metrics
Change History (31)
comment:9 Changed 20 months ago by JulienM (JulienMoumne)
comment:19 Changed 13 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.12 - The Great 1.x Backlog to 2.x - Piwik 2.x