Ignore Do Not Track setting for IE 10 browsers
|Reported by:||Nexus||Owned by:|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||1.9.2 - Piwik 1.9.2|
Description (last modified by matt)
I see there's already been one forum post about it, but I'd really like to see "except IE 10" be an option in Piwik when honoring Do Not Track.
At Piwik currently when a visitor is ignored because of DNT, we do not track ANY data at all, not even log the request. Therefore it would be a bug, if we would not record any IE10 visitor. People would complain and report bugs and loss of traffic.
So I propose that we IGNORE the DNT header for all IE 10 users and as a result, Track all IE10 users in Piwik.
Of course IE10 users who wish to not be tracked should use proper extensions for IE that block advertising and analytics beacons, such as ghostery on firefox.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 17 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone set to 1.9.2 - Piwik 1.9.2
- Summary changed from Enable DNT for all browsers except IE 10 to Ignore Do Not Track setting for IE 10 browsers
- Type changed from New feature to Task
comment:4 Changed 16 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed