Better Device detection (mobile, TVs, consoles, etc.): New "Devices" report?
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||mattab|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||2.x - Piwik 2.x|
Description (last modified by matt)
Piwik should provide a more clear set of reports regarding Devices, Operating systems, browsers, significantly enhancing the analytics insights on the visitors browsing experience.
This ticket is about adding a couple new report and fixing related issues at the same time. Proposal:
- Add New Device type report comparing generic families of devices: Computer, Mobile, Tablet, TV, Console, Portable console.
- It would be displayed between "resolutions" and "mobile vs dekstop" report.
- This would be a superset of the existing reports "Operating systems" which does already a simple "device" aggregation (especially reports mobile devices separately since they run a different OS by design). I propose to add a "related report" link that will not load the report in ajax, but will instead link to #devices hash tag in the page below to load the 'Device type report'
- Add new Manufacturer" report that would grep the user agent for known brands: Samsung, Apple, HTC, Motorola, Amazon, etc.
- we need to find the full list somewhere
- and their favicons.
- Add new Manufacturer+ Model report reporting eg. Nokia N80
- Modify Browser version report to segment by Opera Mobile VS Opera #2807
- Modify Operating systems report
Also see a feature request: Detecting TVs #3505
While we work on this, please let's try to implement this as well: #3157 Add a new visitor segment attribute "isMobile" (including tablet)
Open for discussion...
Change History (19)
comment:9 Changed 9 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.12 - Piwik 1.12
- Priority changed from normal to major
comment:11 Changed 9 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.12 - The Great 1.x Backlog to 2.x - Piwik 2.x
comment:15 Changed 7 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Owner set to mattab
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed