Improve the Referrers > Overview report
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||capedfuzz|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||1.11 - Piwik 1.11|
Description (last modified by capedfuzz)
This is a proposal to improve the Referers > Overview report.
This will greatly increase the "at a glance" analytics capability of Piwik.
The full Referrers Overview layout could be:
* Top graph showing total visits graph, and Direct entry visits line (currently only shows direct entry visits)
* Below "Referrer Type", display sparklines for each ref type
* The sparklines should be enhanced and display a % evolution from yester the start of the graph displayed above.
[SPARKLINE_IMAGE] 518 from websites (35% of visits) [icon_image] +15% over the period
* '+15% over the period' has a tooltip that reads '156 visits on Nov 6th, 177 on Dec 6th: +15%'
* on click on sparkline the graph loads "All visits" line + the clicked sparkline's line. User can then unclick the "all visits" to hide the line. But it is good to show the relative value straight ahead to further help analysis.
* Add a link below the 4 sparklines that says "More sparklines"
* When clicked this link will display the current "Distinct Referrers by Referrer Type" section of extra sparklines. These are useful to have, just better hide them by default.
* These extra sparklines should be extended to contain the % evolution and have consistent style with other sparkline (except they wont show the relative % since it does not apply to these stats).
* Reuse the row evolution css styles and template code: http://piwik.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Piwik-mobile-iOS-VS-Android.png
* Below sparklines is the 2 columns listing. Similarly to the Goals report which has a similar 2 column view.
* Left column: listing the following reports
* Right column: ajax loading by default the "All Referers report"
* Loads in the right, the clicked report from left column.
* The reports listed on the left are, in this order:
* All Referrers (new report see #1899) <-- This one is pre-displayed
* Referrers Overview (showing direct VS search VS websites VS campaigns)
* Social Media
* Search Engines
* The code tpl+js+css from the Goals overview template should be refactored and reused.
The Referrers Overview will be suited for analysis. Let's make the code generic as I think it will be put to good use: We could reuse such a style for other Overview reports (Visitors > Overview or Goals > Overview) if it works well.
Change History (10)
comment:8 Changed 10 months ago by capedfuzz (diosmosis)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed