Migrate Piwik from SVN to GIT and GitHub!
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||1.11 - Piwik 1.11|
Yes, we're moving to github for GIT and pull requests, and will keep using Trac for all ticket management.
- install trac plugin
- mailing list piwik-git is setup
- Close down http SVN server + return info message
- Thomas: submit patch to hide email adresses upstream
- Update website, trac, readme, docs to remove SVN and Explain GIT+github
- Setup a GIT mirror at git.piwik.org with a simple viewer. This mirror would be used in case github goes down.
We hope that being on GitHub it will be easier for anybody to contribute to Piwik via pull requests, and we will be actively looking at all pull requests for consideration.
Thank you for reporting any suggestion or feedback regarding this.