Automatically reformat all source code in Piwik to follow updated coding standard
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||matt|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||1.12 - The Great 1.x Backlog|
Description (last modified by matt)
This task goal is to cleanup a bit since as the team has grown there has been some freedom in the style, but it's nicer for everyone to see/read one style.
This ticket is multi task:
- Setup perfect "reformat code" setup in PHPStorm (the best PHP IDE on planet earth), and record this profile under misc/ directory.
- Write documentation on perfect PHPStorm setup for Piwik devs (inc. using the reformat profile)
- Apply the profile to the full source code
- PHP files
- JS files
- Review PHP and JS Coding Standards and update them with new knowledge from this 4 year old guide (eg. to fix: comments are not always must have, often much better to write small methods with clear names.).
- Create a unit test to fail if a file is submitted with 4 spaces instead of tabs (so dev remembers to configure her IDE).
I've got the profile in phpstorm and will commit all updated PHP files soon.
Any suggestion on how to improve the code & standards is always welcome.
Change History (11)
comment:8 Changed 9 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed