Dashboard for multiple sites (potentially hundreds of websites)
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||matt|
Description (last modified by matt)
Some Piwik users add a lot of websites in Piwik.
It is also common that users of a given Piwik installation can access more than 10 websites.
Currently they have to go to each of these websites to check their reports.
They need quick & easy way to get an overview of what's happening in all their websites at once, and a quick access to more details.
- This page is space efficient but clear to display data about several websites
- gives an overview of what happened on all your websites, so you can choose which ones need investigation.
- display raw numbers
- and show the evolution of the metrics over the last days/weeks/month. via sparkline + red/green indicator
- this page links to each website report by a click on the website name
- possible to change the period of the dashboard: Day/Week/Month/Year
- each website is a simple row on the page
- for each website, print the
- website name
- nb of unique visitors
- nb of pages
- (keep space for nb of goal conversions - coming)
- a sparklines of the last 30 days/week/month/year for unique visitors
- when hovering the website name, the "drag icon" appears on the left of the website name. This icon makes draggable the list of websites so that each user can reorder their list of websites. By default website are ordered alphabetically. The website order in the list are saved for each user in the database (like the dashboard is), except for anonymous for whom the order is only stored in session (alternatively the feature can be disabled for anonymous user). The drag n drop feature would use Jquery UI draggable that we already use to reorder widgets in the dashboard.
- This dashboard can be accessed by a new entry "All websites" that always appears on the top of the "Website selector" on the top right of the page.
When loading 300 websites, we will lookup numerical values, for the period selected.
To show UU + visits + pages + conversions we need to load the 4 related numeric values for 300 websites. that's 1 SELECT query to return 1200 values.
to show green/red evolution indicator we need to select the compared numeric value from yesterday/last week/last month/last year. that's one SELECT to return 300 values.
loading 300 sparklines will take a loong time, as the browser will issue limited http request on the piwik domain. loading 300 sparklines will certainly take more than 20 seconds.
is that an issue?
- adding sorting feature so that user can sort table by unique visitors, conversions, etc.
- adding search feature so that user can see only websites with names matching a string. the search box would have auto suggest feature.
- add possibility to choose the default page to arrive on - either the dashboard with all websites or the first available website in the list
between 4 and 6 days of work
Change History (50)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Multiple site reports to Dashboard for multiple sites (potentially hundreds of websites)
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by mauser (zawadzinski)
- Owner set to mauser
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:13 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Stable release to DigitalVibes
comment:31 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2- DigitalVibes to 2 - Piwik 0.5
- Sensitive unset
comment:34 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1 - Piwik 0.5 to 1 - Piwik 0.5.1
Changed 4 years ago by pebosi
Changed 4 years ago by pebosi
comment:43 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed