New Tracking API feature: &new_visit=1 lets you create new visits on demand
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||mattab|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||1.12 - The Great 1.x Backlog|
Description (last modified by matt)
SEE FAQ for How to instructions! http://piwik.org/faq/how-to/#faq_187
This is a very powerful feature for many of you :)
This feature lets Piwik users manually tell Piwik to create new visits when it suits, using the &new_visit=1 Tracking API parameter.
Use cases for this small but great new feature:
- Intranet sites, where you know exactly who is using the computer, so you can trigger a new visit on each new login
- Any system with a login system where you want to trigger new visit/user interactions within Piwik
The unique visitor stats will be more accurate, if you are able to use this feature when users of your website/system logout and login.
This feature is of course protected, by default it requires admin token_auth.
_paq.push(["deleteCookies"]); _paq.push(['appendToTrackingUrl', 'new_visit=1']);
To enable this feature, you must configure your config.ini.php:
[Tracker] new_visit_api_requires_admin = 0
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 7 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Owner set to mattab
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:7 Changed 7 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Priority changed from normal to major
- Type changed from Bug to New feature