Exotic encoded keywords should be stored as utf-8 in the DB
|Reported by:||ARray||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by matt)
Currently keywords are stored encoded in the mysql log table.
For some search engine, like yandex.ru, keywords are encoded in the URL. Piwik should have, for each search engine encoding keywords, the encoding used, and Piwik should only store utf-8 valid keywords in the log table.
This would fix two bugs:
- Russian keywords from the most popular russian search-engine 'yandex.ru' are shown like number of questions in the UI.
- Searching for a keyword using piwik in-table search, would also work for exotic keyword. Currently you search for "Ющенко" piwik will look for such a keyword in the list, but it won't look for the encoded value of this keyword. It expects the keyword to be stored at the right format.
If you encounter this bug, please report any example URL of a search in a search engine that doesn't work well with Piwik. We need more example to solve this bug. thanks!
Change History (7)
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from List of Keywords: Russian kewords are shown like '????????' to Exotic encoded keywords should be stored as utf-8 in the DB
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed