New Plugin: Provide HTTP_AUTH Authentication for Piwik - Release in Marketplace
|Reported by:||vipsoft||Owned by:|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||2.1 - Piwik 2.1|
Description (last modified by matt)
Plugin that forwards the current HTTP_AUTH'ed user to Piwik
- What is HttpAuthLogin plugin ?
It's a plug-in that authentifies users based on HTTP_AUTH. HTTP_AUTH is a mechanism provided by the webserver itself (I tested this with Apache). The webserver prompts the user for a login and password, matches it to a database (or a file, you decide), and if the authentication is successful, it lets you access the current logged-in user from PHP.
- What use cases is HttpAuthLogin useful ?
If you have several web services running on the same machine, you can achieve Single Sign-On. For instance, if you run Piwik, a bug tracker, and a WebDAV disk space on the same web server, you could log-in once on the bug tracker, and be automagically logged-in on Piwik.
HTTP_AUTH is extremely widely supported. Even command-line tools like cURL or wget support it. If for some reason you'd like to write a script that fetches stuff out of Piwik, but you'd like it to be authentified, it'd be a lot easier to do with HttpAuthPlugIn.
Contributed by Romain Goyet.
Requires review per CodingStandard.
Change History (59)
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Features requests - after Piwik 1.0 to Third Party Piwik Plugins
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from HTTP_AUTH plugin to Plugin: Provides HTTP_AUTH authentication in Piwik
comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Owner set to vipsoft
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Owner vipsoft deleted
- Status changed from assigned to new
Changed 4 months ago by nougad
comment:51 Changed 3 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Resolution set to answered
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:55 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone set to 2.1 - Piwik 2.1
- Priority changed from normal to critical
- Resolution answered deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Plugin: Provides HTTP_AUTH authentication in Piwik to New Plugin: Provide HTTP_AUTH Authentication for Piwik - Release in Marketplace