Better Data Insights. Show me what's increased and decreased, movers and shakers (beta)
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||2.x - The Great Piwik 2.x Backlog|
Description (last modified by matt)
Most popular pages/keywords/etc. are popular every day, and it is hard to know what changed since the day before. What would be interesting would be to visualize:
- Which pages significantly increased/decreased?
- Which URLs links/SE keywords brought me significantly more/less traffic compared to last period?
This could help answer questions such as:
- Why did the website traffic suddenly decrease? Traffic from some Keywords/Referers significantly decreased, and some pages significantly were less seen.
- Similar with answering "Why did traffic suddenly increase?" Why are my Ecommerce orders growing so much, how do I know the overall positive contributors explaining our growth?
User interface updates for new reports & hints
New report: Overall Movers and Shakers
This report would have to query in particular: page URL, page Titles, Keywords, websites, campaigns, maybe 8 reports, for current AND previous periods. Making 16 API calls should work fine and comparison would be pretty fast hopefully.
This report could be available as a widget showing the top 5 movers and shakers overall (increased keywords, pages, etc.).
Extend existing report: Highlight Movers and Shakers
Currently reports display "Label", "Visits count" by default. There is a button to display 5 more columns and a view for Goal conversions metrics.
We could maybe improve at least the "basic" view showing only visits.
In this view we could for example display in a new column on the right, a green or red % increase, when there is a a major change (threshold set to +/- 10% for example). Otherwise leave blank. See also #291
Extend report: Display Movers & Shakers in all reports' footer
Below the report, or above?, we could display these rows from the report that have significantly changed since yesterday.
We could put threshold of minimum visits impacted = 20
minimum % increase or decrease = 2% for example?
So it would not display minor changes that are not interesting.
They could be displayed on top of the report
*Best countries* (green sign) India (+50%) and Scotland (+33%) (red sign) France (-33%) and Germany (-44%) |---------|--------| | Country | Visits | |---------|--------| | India | 176 | | Scotland| 54 | | France | 23 | | Germany | 23 | [....] Next >
Display evolution % next to all sparklines
Idea is to show the increase and decrease of Visits, Conversions, etc. basically next to each Sparkline. There is a proposal mockup at: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/attachment/ticket/291/sparklines.png
To produce a report "Period VS Previous period" for each keyword, we would need to select all keywords from both periods (2 datatables), and compare both to extract significant increases/decreases.
The code would be optimized so that it returns in less than 2 seconds when calling 8 different APIs so comparing 16 datatables.
The algorithm will typically extract:
- items with a growth of N %
- new items (new keyword since yesterday) with at least M %
- Never show items with less than P visits
- By default, we should enable the display in the UI for only the very significant changes, with a high threshold of visits impacted. The feature should not bring noise if the changes are not that interesting.
New widget to show this great insights:
- New smart widget to show what's changed in dashboard automatically based on last login date: #3250
Change History (59)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Plugin to show the big moves / evolutions to Plugin to show the big moves / evolutions (increase and decrease)
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from Plugin to show the big moves / evolutions (increase and decrease) to Highlight significant increases/decreases in Reports
comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Feature requests to 1.x - Piwik 1.x
- Summary changed from Highlight significant increases/decreases in Reports to Highlight significant increases/decreases in Reports (movers and shakers)
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.x - Piwik 1.x to 1.7 Piwik 1.7
comment:13 Changed 16 months ago by matt (mattab)
comment:15 Changed 13 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 1.12.x - Piwik 1.12.x to 2.x - Piwik 2.x
comment:16 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.x - Piwik 2.x to 2.1 - Piwik 2.1
comment:17 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.1 - Piwik 2.1 to 2.0.4 - Piwik 2.0.4
comment:19 Changed 2 months ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.1 - Piwik 2.1 to 2.2 - Piwik 2.2
Changed 6 weeks ago by hpvd
comment:54 Changed 5 weeks ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.2 - Piwik 2.2 to 2.1.1 - Piwik 2.1.1
comment:55 Changed 11 days ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from 2.2.1 - Piwik 2.2.1 to 2.x - The Great Piwik 2.x Backlog
comment:57 Changed 40 hours ago by matt (mattab)
- Summary changed from Highlight significant increases/decreases in Reports (movers and shakers) to Better Data Insights. Show me what's increased and decreased, movers and shakers (beta)