Piwik requires session.save_handler: files
|Reported by:||hass||Owned by:|
There is a problem where piwik throws error messages and isn't working at all. This happens if PHP is correctly configured for Drupal CMS (http://drupal.org/requirements). The source of this issue is "session.save_handler: user".
[Session] ; Handler used to store/retrieve data. session.save_handler = user
As a workaround I tried using "files", but I'm not sure if this may break
something in Drupal...
[Session] ; Handler used to store/retrieve data. session.save_handler = files
The error message that is thown is:
Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: C:\Programme\PHP\sessions) in piwik\index.php on line 42
Are you able to fix this bug soon, please?
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Milestone set to RobotRock
- Priority changed from critical to normal
- Summary changed from Piwik crashes with session.save_handler: user to Piwik requires with session.save_handler: files
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Summary changed from Piwik requires with session.save_handler: files to Piwik requires session.save_handler: files
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed