Add a anonymize IP addresses setting
|Reported by:||webzigartig||Owned by:||vipsoft|
In Germany, Piwik would be a much better alternative to Google Analytics, if there would be an option to deactivate the storing of ip-addresses. Maybe ip-addresses could optionally be saved "hashed" instead of "cleartext"?
Background: In Germany the situation is not clear - maybe storing of ip-addresses is not allowed because it harms privacy. See: http://forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=825.
Piwik would be the first software I know with this "Feature" - so every German company could use it without probably getting problems with privacy law.
Change History (26)
comment:1 follow-ups: ↓ 2 ↓ 3 Changed 5 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Milestone set to Features requests - after Piwik 1.0
- Summary changed from Option to deactivate storing of ip-addresses/to store ip-addresses anonymized to Plugin: Anonymize IP addresses
comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by matt (mattab)
- Milestone changed from Features requests - after Piwik 1.0 to 2 - Piwik 0.6 - DigitalVibes
- Sensitive unset
- Summary changed from Plugin: Anonymize IP addresses to Add a anonymize IP addresses setting
Changed 4 years ago by joux
comment:18 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Milestone changed from 2 - Piwik 0.6 - DigitalVibes to 1 - Piwik 0.5.5
- Owner set to vipsoft
comment:19 Changed 4 years ago by vipsoft (robocoder)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed